Friday 1 October 2021

Working on an emulator

Actually, not a huge amount of work. I already had a Z80 emulator which I knew worked pretty much properly, so an Aquarius emulator isn't a significant amount of work. This now has a working keyboard, display and runs at the correct speed, within about 1% (I'm not going for cycle accuracy here).

(I would add at this point that this new Blogger editor is the biggest piece of absolute **** I have ever come across.)

So I need to add sound and make cassettes and cartridges work properly, and fix the keyboard so it generates the right shift characters (I'll probably hack the ROM to do this)

(This is dreadful. Did anyone actually bother to, you know, test this on Firefox, one of the most popular browsers out there ? Did Microsoft pay you to produce an editor that would only run on Edge ? Is it a push for the mega irritating Chrome ? Why does the text insert from the right on a new paragraph ? Why do images jump about like a demented llama ?)

 





1 comment:

  1. Ha! nice indenting!! :P I quite like Blogger, but I think I have always used the HTML View rather than the Compose View.
    Good first day progress!

    ReplyDelete

Moved platform

 Well, I spent a fair amount of time on Lock'n'Chase Aquarius with graphics and so on, and it looked just *awful*.   So I'm goin...