Friday 15 October 2021

Progress 2

So I'm happy enough with the "hardware" and software versions of the emulator. and I've been working on a version of my stackless FORTH for the Aquarius, this language is very Z80 specific (it just doesn't work on a 6502).

Surprisingly removing the stack doesn't actually change a lot. When I started with stackless FORTHs I thought that you'd end up with shedloads of extra variables to make up for the thing stored on the stack, but in practice it doesn't seem to happen.

As it's an Aquarius I thought I'd write a version of the game Lock'n'Chase as that was announced for it, but never delivered.

Also, there's now a link the the actual code up. It will build both versions on Linux, it should build on Windows but I haven't actually tried to do it yet. I'll sort that out today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moved platform

 Well, I spent a fair amount of time on Lock'n'Chase Aquarius with graphics and so on, and it looked just *awful*.   So I'm goin...